CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

July Aug fun

So not so much happening in the last several weeks since my last post. We have been celebrating birthdays up in Torrance w/our family there. The picture below is Sarah (the kids cousin who we went to her b-day) taylor and blake at dinner celebrating my sis in laws b-day. A great time was had. Mark and I at dinner.


Our little family with Elmo at Sarah's birthday. It was so much fun!

Blake my little serious guy!




My little princess. I can't believe how big she is getting and beautiful if I do say so myself!! :-)
Well, just a few pics to update this blog. We have 2 other birthdays to celebrate w/our Torrance family this weekend. So busy around here, and Mark with work that it's tough to really do what I want to do or get done. Right now Taylor is visiting nana and papa so it's just Blakester and I. I miss her so much when she is away but I find peace when I hear all the fun stuff she is doing. Well, both kids birthdays are coming up mid Sept and I have no clue what to do. I want to do a Tonka Truck (not the construction ones) but the other ones like they sale at Target dump truck, monster truck, garbage truck, school bus etc theme but when I google it constuction theme tonka trucks come up. So I'm stuck...What do you do for a 1yr old anyways!????? How do I make a cool theme cake anyways too? Do you have to be talented and able to draw??? Cause I would love to make their cakes!! Any ideas? Taylor was to do her b-day at chuckie cheese so that is pretty easy but I still have to do a theme for treat bags, and cake...Man, both b-days are 4 days apart so we are celebrating 2 weekends in a roll...I have no idea where to start or what to do...(okay I'm starting to sound crazy!! LOL)
Also, does anyone know of a place I can buy a cocktail dress or formal gown that would cover my "g's"??? Mark has a Khaki ball coming up, and I have searched and searched and most dresses are sleeveless, spagettii strap...I'm in need of a gown badly and soon!! Any ideas of where to look would be much appreciated...(I did see a strapless gown at davidsbridal and though of wearing a half 3/4 sleeve sweather over it so then I could wear my "g's" but I have no idea where I can find a sweater like that either....dilemas (sp) lol
Well Mark is almost off work and I need to pick up mister Blake's mess and get dinner heated up..I made cabbage cornbeef soup and made it yesterday and so glad I did cause I am in no mood to cook tonight...





2 comments:

Rushele said...

I forgot their birthdays were so close. That's gonna be fun every year. You'll have to save up for birthday parties and for Christmas each year.
I love the Tonka Truck idea for Blake's party. I'd just buy the ones you like from Target as decoration for the party and they can double as his gifts. Then you can easily make a truck cake. Just do a 9x13 cake and then cut it to look like a truck and then frost it to look like it too. I'm sure you could get pics online that would help you out, or the actual trucks from the store would help too.

Mark & Stephanie Humpherys said...

Thank you..I'm excited to try this..Yeah blake wanted I guess to have a birthday close to his sisters..lol 3 weeks early, little booger...but being 8lbs 3ozs I'm glad he did..hee hee I'm going to go and google now for truck cake ideas