CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Adoption


Well the day and call has finally came. Our adoption caseworker called to set up our interview with her in 2 weeks. We have been waiting for this day for awhile now. We started the process before the holidays and have been anixously awaiting for each step. The interview step is the second to the last step for it all to be final.


Not sure if everyone knows but I'm pretty sure most of you do. Mark is adopting Taylor and it's something we are excited about. We have talked to Taylor about it and she is soo excited and has been practicing writing her new last name. Taylor's bio. father signed away his parental rights to Taylor and to me that was a selfless act he did. It was not a healthy situation for anyone involved and made Taylor sad not having him as a bigger part of her life. I know it was not an easy decision for him to do but I appreciate he did what was best for Taylor. Taylor understands the best way a 6year old can about adoption and the process. We have been very open with her and trying to make it simple, exciting and a happy time. I feel we have done a good job at that cause everytime we talk about it or what to expect with the next step she has a HUGE smile on her face and asks questions and just expresses how happy she is.


I am thankful for Mark who has stepped up and been such a wonderful example of a righteous man and a very loving man to Taylor. The only male figures Taylor has had her life that have been consistant has been both her grandfathers and uncles. So to see the special bond Taylor and Mark have as father and daughter feels my heart with joy. My ex called one time when Mark and I were newly married to thank him for taking such good care of Taylor since he hadn't been. I thought that was a nice gesture and so unexpected. Regardless of my ex's and my issues we had with each other for him to lay that aside and recongnize our daughter was being takin care of and loved and to acknowledge that, was a nice thing.


We are blessed beyond words...Taylor was sealed to Mark and I June 2008 in the Oakland temple. That was a day of unexplainable happiness and joy I felt. To have our adoption almost final, makes today a very happy day as well! So after we meet with our caseworker and she interviews us. She will make her report and turn it into the courts. Once that is done then we will make our appt to see the judge who will finalize it all and we walk out with a little girl who will officially be a Humpherys. The funny thing to all this is everyone we meet or know says Taylor looks exactly like Mark. At church she is always referred to as Taylor Humpherys.


I'm grateful to be married to a great man who loves unconditionally. Who is a wonderul father to all his children and is always there for them, no matter distance or whatever else he makes time and shows each one how special they are too him and how much they mean to him and that he is always there. He is a great man and I love him so much.


So with a heart filled with so much joy, I wanted to share with all of you this great day! I will post again after our interviews and how it all went.


6 comments:

Taylors said...

Wow!! That's exciting news! I had no idea. I would be one of those people who thought Taylor DID look like Mark. I'm glad things have gone smoothly and the process is almost over!!

Tawnya said...

What great news! After much heartache I'm sure it's just amazing how well things are working out. How wonderful that you found a man who can be solid and loving. You definitely deserve it!

The Doctors Wife said...

I'm so glad bio daddy is acting like a grown up and putting Taylor first. You guys sure have come a long way. Congrats!

Mark & Stephanie Humpherys said...

Thanks guys!! Yes, I agree Julie we have come a long way...bio and I...which I never thought we ever would..but I'm glad he has..Lots of prayers were said.. :-)

We are really excited and can't wait for it to finally be final..Thanks for your love and support guys it means a lot!

Rushele said...

That is awesome news! Can't wait to hear more as the situation progresses and the adoption becomes final.
Good luck, and congrats too!!

Mark & Stephanie Humpherys said...

Thank you Rushele...We are super excited and I will keep everyone updated!! Hugs to ya!