CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas and Decorating?


Okay been awhile since I last blogged. The last 3 weeks we have been so sick, the kids and I each got the H1N1 virus and we're just miserable. Taylor and I got it first, then last week Blake got it. Mark was out to sea when Blake was tested positive for it so he escaped it all and only had a runny nose and cough. So I feel out of the loop of things, and now just barely getting back to a normal schedule we had before.


So Thanksgiving is right around the corner, this month has flown by so quickly. I swear it feels like last weekend was Halloween. (I still have bowls and bowls of candy, not even sure what to do with it all) So Mark has his overnight duty on Thanksgiving and his ship is putting on a fest for the guys and their families. The kids and I will go aboard and have dinner w/him and visit. Which will be nice. The next day we will be going to my in-laws (my ex's parents but I still call them mom and dad) house for the weekend. Mark and them get along so well, and they say he is there adpotive son. :-) It's a great relationship we all have.


Then we will be heading to Arizona for Christmas to spend it with my family. I'm so excited, and will be going up to Mesa to see old friends and take the kids to the temple to see the lights. So much fun and I can't wait.


So tonight as we we're coming back from an errand we seen a few houses that already had some christmas decorations up, and a guy who was starting to hang his on his garage. I asked Mark when does one start to decorate for Christmas? or course he spoke it like a true guy, Steph it's not even Thanksgiving yet?! lol We laughed and I said OKAY well when does one start to decorate. It was followed by a shrugged reply from my lovely husband. So that brings me to my question again in blog world. When does one start to decorate for Christmas? You are probably wondering what the heck, where has this girl been and what has she done the past years?! LOL Okay so my answers to these would be, I have only been married for 2 years to Mark and this is our first time living in a house. We just came from an apartment and I the last two years we we're at families houses celebrating so I was never home to decorate. The previous years, when I was married to my ex we we're always seperated around the holidays so Taylor and I we're at families houses and when I was single taylor and I were at families houses!! LOL So as you can see the pattern is "FAMILIES HOUSES" ha ha ha


This year we will be at my family's house BUT we are going to celebrate with our kids here when we get back and we're not leaving to Arizona till the middle of the month. So I want to decorate and make our house feel like Christmas for our kids..When is too early to decorate and when is too late?


I know I know a VERY LONG DRAWN OUT posting...sorry! I promise pictures in my next posting...So if anyone can help me w/my dilema I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you live in Arizona and want to get together, let me know...I would love to get together and catch up..

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

I say the day after Thanksgiving. Yeah, it's not technically December, but at least you're not jumping holidays. And yeah, I want to get together! However, we're going to be in UT for about 2 weeks so I hope things work out for us.

Mark & Stephanie Humpherys said...

Thanks...I think I will do that..we will be spending thanksgiving day on Marks ship since he has duty...and the day after we will head up to LA for the weekend so I will start to decorate when we get home. I'm so excited! We will be heading to AZ Dec 18th and not sure what day we will be up in MESA yet...but we do want to take the kids to the temple lights..when will you guys be heading to UT? I hope it works out for us to see each other..:-)

The Doctors Wife said...

the day after thanksgiving for us too. However, those people who do the huge Christmas display of lights have to start early to make it worth their time.