CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

~My little Scare~

Well if my weeks and days could not have another thing added to it....I swear with the sealing coming up Satan is working OVERTIME...EVERYDAY there has been something that has happened that is stressful, drama like or just something that needs immediate attention. No rest, no peace, and doesn't matter how hard I am trying to stay positive something always finds it's way in doing the opposite...

So Tuesday evening it was early when I was commenting on the baby moving to Mark...and then he (the baby) settled in and for the rest of the evening didn't feel anything. I woke up yesterday and did my morning routine and still hadn't felt the baby move around...(he is so active that everyday I feel him) So I grew alarmed and thought hmmm I should eat something and drink some juice so I did and I layed down and still nothing. I even sang sing star with my step-daughter and still no movement...

I called the oncall nurse and told her what was going on and she told me to go straight to labor and delivery. I called Mark at work and of course he was not in his office or answering his cell..so I started to freak out and I started to push any and all ext's to his work. Finally a couple people answered and I was able to get ahold of him. He rushed home and we we're off to the hospital.

We arrived and the nurse hooked me up and right away the baby kicked! I started to cry cause I was so excited and also crying cause I felt like a HUGE DORK!!! My nurse was so sweet and comforting that she eased me to peace. We did the monitor for 5 mins and then she went to call the doctor and let him/her know( not sure who the uncall doctor was) she returned and said well the doctor wants you to do lab work so you have to stay till the results come back. I laughed and said "oh okay".....So hours later the work came back and all was well and I got to go home late last night.

I feel like a dork, the baby started to move all night and all day today....I do have a peace of mind which I am happy but feel pretty silly going to the hospital. I wish the uncall doctor would of called me into the office first not straight to the hospital. Oh well! My nurse said I will look for you in a few months...ha ha ha ha I second that!!!

So here is my little scare and feeling a little embrassed...LOL

5 comments:

Rushele said...

DO NOT feel embarrassed about that!
I had 2 miscarriages before we had Raegan, and she was not a mover and a shaker while I was pregnant with her, so you can only imagine the calls I made to the Dr. on a frequent basis.
We went into the hospital twice that I remember to do the non-stress test and make sure that she really was moving and that all was fine. And it was, but I still worried anytime I couldn't remember feeling movement for long periods of time.
Sophie on the other hand was kicking me ALL the time!!! That kid wanted to be noticed! But it was welcomed.

Mark & Stephanie Humpherys said...

Awww...being preggers with Taylor I was on bedrest majority of the pregnancy...so I was one BIG BALL OF NERVES!!! This little guy is a mover and since really early so yeah I was freakin out big time...Today he has been moving NON-STOP like Mom i'm okay I'm here...not to worry!!! lol Sooo welcomed!!

Tawnya said...

Geez, I can imagine the panic. Being prego is crazy to begin with and then to realize that you're not feeling movement...I'd freak out too! Glad everything's ok!!

Rushele said...

How is everything these days?
We haven't e-mailed in a while, and it's time for a blog update, that's been about a week too.
Hope you're doing well!!

IronLawGirl said...

Hi Steph! I want to see some pictures of your big day!